This is our shared blog for The Successful Learning Center. Students are encouraged to share their work, thoughts and to be involved with the growth of the blog.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting over my fear of owls

Today Is Saturday March 3rd Year 2012

After Lisa’s class today (2/28/2012), there was a guy that came to Pace to show us and to talk to us about his owls. I was very scared and I did not want to see them. I peeked out of the classroom at the owl but I was too afraid so I stayed inside. Then Sheri came in the classroom and asked me if I wanted to come out to see the little owl. I said, “No, I’m really scared, no thanks”. But Sheri said, “But if I hold your hand would that make you feel any better? I’m also scared to go out alone”. Then I said. “Yes, I will come with you and look at only the little owl.” And guess what? I did it and everyone was very proud of me for getting over my fears. I was very proud of myself for going with Sheri and looking at only the tiny owl. The big owl was scary because I saw its head turn all the way around in a circle. But I am very proud of myself for going to look at only the small owl, just very quickly, and I did get over my fear but not all the way. Lisa’s class all clapped for me and I felt a little bit better. Well, anyway, the SLC is the very best thing for me. It helped me defeat my fears.  
- Michelle O.

2 comments:

  1. I was so proud of you on Tuesday, you were so brave to get close to the owl. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was strong enough to do that. I'm also terrified of owls. Just the found of one or even seeing a picture of one sends me into a panic attack. They are always in my nightmares right before something bad happens in my life.

    ReplyDelete